Exploring Professional Nursing Associations
Locate the websites of nursing professional organizations, e.g., American Nurses Association, American Association of College of Nurses, Black Nurses Association, Sigma Theta Tau International, International Council of Nurses, American Assembly for Men in Nursing, National League for Nurses; if you select a different nursing professional organization, send your selection to Faculty for prior approval.
1. Select one organization site for further analysis
2. Examine the mission statement and goals of the organization.
3. Summarize one issue currently addressed by the organization.
4. Assess the significance of the issue to the health needs of a culturally diverse society; the ethical/legal concerns in the delivery of health care associated with the issue; the specific nursing roles and educational preparation of nurses related to the issue, and the future impact of the issue on professional nursing practice
5. Determine one  strategy that has the potential to resolve the issue.
6. Provide support from at least three  professional nursing, evidence-based articles.
7. The Paper should be no less than six pages and no more than ten pages, including title page and references, no abstract is required. Prepare the paper using word processing in Microsoft WORD program, and following APA 7th edition guidelines.
8. Paper must include an introduction and a conclusion.
9. TURN It IN Score must be 20% or less or you will receive a Zero (0) on your paper!
Use the following headers in the paper:
• Mission & Goals of the Association
• Identification of Issue
• Health Needs of a Culturally Diverse Society Related to Issue
• Ethical/legal Concerns in Delivery of Health Care Related to Issue
• Specific Nursing Roles and Educational Preparation of Nurses Related to Issue
• Future Impact on Professional Nursing Practice Related to Issue
• One Strategy to Resolve the Issue
Student work on the final paper will be assessed using the following grading rubric:
Exploring Professional Nursing Associations and Organizations
Date Submitted: On Time: yes_____ no _____
Includes title page, reference page, and text length is within 6 to 8 pages
Headers in paper (9) Must have all of them.
An Introduction of Issue is included
The mission statement and goals of the organization are identified
One issue that the organization is currently addressing is summarized.
Health Needs of a Culturally Diverse Society Related to Issue
Ethical/legal Concerns in Delivery of Health Care Related to Issue
Specific Nursing Roles and Educational Preparation of Nurses Related to Issue
Future Impact on Professional Nursing Practice Related to the Issue
One strategy is included that has the potential to help resolve the issue is proposed.
A Conclusion is included
Support from at least three  professional nursing evidence-based sources other than the course textbook are included
15 points will be deducted for spelling, grammar, syntax, or APA errors, etc….. greater than 3 errors!
Turn It IN Score Greater than 20% Automatic Zero(0)
Total Grade out of 100
Faculty Signature: _________________________________________________