NOTE: This assignment has two parts. Be sure to complete both part 1 and 2 for full
Part 1: Research a Career (25 points)
Answer the list of questions below for your identified primary career option based on your FOCUS 2 assessment results and your research by using the resources provided. Be sure to reference your research under “Source” to cite your sources and avoid plagiarism.
Primary Career Option:
Education/Training Requirements (identify the specific steps to take to prepare for this career option. For example, what level of degree is required; what should one major in?):
Primary Work Activities:
Reasons(s) why career option is of interest to you:
Part 2: Create a career vision for your future OR assess and strengthen your career readiness. (50 points)
Option 2A: Understanding Self Worksheet
Understanding Myself Better:
Reflect thoroughly to fully answer the following questions (type your answers below each question):
- What three things about work are most important to me?
- Which academic subjects do I excel in?
- Where have I had successful experiences (personal and/or professional)?
- What do the people I am close to say I do well?
- What skills would I like to develop?
Future Life Vision Paragraph:
In 6 – 8 sentences: Detail the work you will do; the place (where you will live), lifestyle (how you live and the kinds of people/places in your life), community activities, etc.
The following questions can help shape your future vision:
· What things do I want to accomplish in my life?
· What is my dream career?
· What am I passionate about?