Rubric for ALHS 1113/ Allied Health Professions Presentation:
This is to be a PowerPoint presentation. The project will count for 30% of your overall grade. For more details read all content items to be included below.
Include in your project the information related to the profession or career of your choice License Practical Nurse (LPN):
- Visuals (Pictures, graphs, or charts) to attract the audience.
- Describe/list specific responsibilities,
- Describe/ list challenges of this profession.
- Governing bodies/ Professional organizations- (hint: we covered these with every career).
- Required Education: Explain in detail how many years of schooling, training, and continuing education will be required.
- Work environments. (Career paths) – Where can this person work? What can they do with their credentials?
- List employment opportunities: local to Georgia, Nationally and Salary ranges
- Current trends in this career: Is this career growing, or expanding? Why or why not?
You will also be scored on the following items:
- References/citing in APA format
Allied Health professions:
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Medical Assistant
- Emergency Medical Service (EMS)
- Dental Professions (Hygienist, Assistant, Technician.)
- Surgical Technician
- Respiratory Therapist (RT)
- Health Information Systems
- Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
- Physical Therapist (PT) /Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
- Occupational Therapist (OT) /Occupational Therapist Assistant (OTA)
- Mental Health: Counselor, Psychologist, Social Worker
- Clinical laboratory Science
- Health Information Management
- Nursing: Registered Nurse (RN), License Practical Nurse (LPN), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), Certified Nurse Manager (CNM).
- Physician, Physician Assistant (PA)
|Weight of Possible Points|
Organizations not listed