In this assignment, you will create a teaching lesson unit that includes two lesson plans for a developmental level (K-3, 4-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, or community college).
Teaching Tolerance Unit
This assignment is the development of a guidance unit with two detailed instructional lessons within that guidance unit focused on teaching tolerance. You will use the eBook, Interrupting Racisms, Appendix A &. B, as guides for your lessons.
Candidates will create a lesson unit and two lesson plans focused on Teaching Tolerance for a selected developmental level (K-3, 4-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, or community college).
The Lesson Unit will include:
• Complete the Teaching Tolerance Template (Form)
• Your philosophy statement and how it relates to social justice advocacy.
• Include why this learning content is important for the target group;
• A List 4-6 of the resources you will use in your lessons found in Interrupting Racisms, Appendix A, Celebrating Diversity Booklist
• A list of the Teaching Tolerance Social Justice Standards located in Appendix B of the Ebook Interrupting Racism ( Anchor Standard and Grade Level Outcome
• Also, identify how your delivery will be culturally responsive.
• Include copies of (2) lessons
• Each lesson needs to state student learning goals and objectives, classroom materials being used, methods of delivery, and methods for learning assessment and evaluation.
• Note: The guidance unit curriculum materials need to be attached
• Include all activities with each lesson, such as handouts, etc. (be creative)
• See Lesson Plan Template