Architect Daniel Libeskind is credited with saying “To provide meaningful architecture is not to parody history, but to articulate it.” The suggestion is that his work does not copy the efforts of others but relies on it.
Understanding the work of others is critically important to new work. Contributions to the nursing body of knowledge can happen when you are able to analyze and articulate the efforts of previous research. Research analysis skills are therefore critical tools for your toolbox.
In this Assignment, you will locate relevant existing research. You also will analyze this research using a tool helpful for analysis.
Describe your approach to identifying and analyzing peer-reviewed research
- Reflect on the strategies presented in the Resources this week’s Learning Resources in support of locating and analyzing research.
- Use the Walden Library to identify and read one peer-reviewed research article focused on a topic in your specialty field that interests you.
- Review the article you selected and reflect on the professional practice use of theories/concepts described by the article.
Using the “Week 3 | Part 3” section of your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template presented in the Resources, conduct an analysis of the elements of the research article you identified. Be sure to include the following:
- Your topic of interest.
- A correctly formatted APA citation of the article you selected, along with link or search details.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts presented in the article.
- Analysis of the article using the “Research Analysis Matrix” section of the template
- Write a 1-paragraph justification stating whether you would recommend this article to inform professional practice.
- Write a 2- to 3-paragraph summary that you will add to your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan that includes the following:
- Describe your approach to identifying and analyzing peer-reviewed research.
- Identify at least two strategies that you would use that you found to be effective in finding peer-reviewed research.
- Identify at least one resource you intend to use in the future to find peer-reviewed research.
Resources to use:
- Al-Jundi, A., & Sakka, S. (2017). Critical appraisal of clinical researchLinks to an external site.. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research: JCDR, 11(5), JE01–JE05. https://doi.org/10.7860/JCDR/2017/26047.9942
- Shellenbarger, T. (2016). Simplifying synthesisLinks to an external site.. Nurse Author & Editor, 26(3). Retrieved from http://naepub.com/reporting-research/2016-26-3-3/
- Walden University Library. (n.d.). Databases A-Z: NursingLinks to an external site.. Retrieved October 4, 2019 from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/az.php?s=19981
- Walden University Library. (n.d.). Evaluating resources: JournalsLinks to an external site.. Retrieved October 4, 2019, from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/library/evaluating/resource-types/journals
- Walden University Library. (n.d.). Instructional media: Fundamentals of library researchLinks to an external site.. Retrieved October 4, 2019 from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/library/instructionalmedia/researchfundamentals
- Walden University Writing CenterLinks to an external site.. (n.d.). Retrieved November 14, 2018, from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/home
- Walden University Writing Center. (n.d.). Common assignments: Synthesizing your sourcesLinks to an external site.. https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/assignments/literaturereview/synthesizing
- Walden University Writing Center. (n.d.). Scholarly writing: OverviewLinks to an external site.. Retrieved November 14, 2018, from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/scholarly
- Walden University Writing Center. (n.d.). Webinars: Technical informationLinks to an external site.. Retrieved November 14, 2018, from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/webinars/technical
- Document: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template Download Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template(Word document)
- Document: Introduction to Scholarly Writing: Tips for success Download Introduction to Scholarly Writing: Tips for success(PDF)