A candidate was asked several discriminatory interview questions during a recent interview with a new hire. The candidate filed a claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). After an investigator at the EEOC contacted your organization’s chief executive officer (CEO), you, as the newly hired human resources (HR) director, were asked to develop a new recruiting strategy and hiring process that will meet EEOC regulations. This process is needed immediately because a new mid-level manager needs to be hired.
Your CEO has asked you to recommend your strategy for filling this position. Once you develop your strategy, you will have to prepare a presentation in which you will brief and train the organization’s leadership to assist in this hire.
You will prepare a PowerPoint presentation for this briefing/training. The items below should be addressed in your presentation.
- Explain at least two federal laws against discrimination that apply to recruiting and hiring employees in your organization. Include what can happen if the laws are violated.
- Explain the pros and cons of three possible recruiting strategies. Recommend one for this hire, and explain why you selected this strategy.
- State the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) for the mid-level management position you will be hiring for. You must have a minimum of three for each area.
- Develop the job posting for the mid-level manager.
- Discuss the hiring process and how the hiring decision will be made.
- Develop five nondiscriminatory interview questions.
- Discuss what should not be done in the interviews, and give examples of five discriminatory questions that must be avoided; explain why.
- Discuss any legal considerations to be aware of during the selection process.
Your PowerPoint presentation must be a minimum of 14 slides in length, not counting the title or reference slides. You must utilize the slide notes function in PowerPoint to add speaker notes to each slide; these notes should be used to explain or expand on slide content as if you were presenting this to your audience.
You must use at least three sources to support your presentation. Adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment.