Imagine that you are the Parole Officer for Michael Roundtree, age 33. First time in prison for possession of narcotics charge, he was given a 5-year sentence, and now he is out of prison after serving 2 1/2 years. While in prison he was a model inmate. He was released to you and has been compliant for the last year. He has been working, reporting in on time, bringing his pay stub, and doing what he is told. While at your desk you receive a phone call from Michael’s girlfriend, who informs you that he is using drugs and that he has been verbally abusive towards her. (They reside together). How would you handle this case?
Please debate discuss why you think that the sentencing decision is the most difficult task for the sentencing judge? Does the PSI recommendation by the probation officer affect the judge’s decision? If so, how?
Interesting Cyber Security Threats
**Read the instruction carefully before accepting this assignment**
Have a look at these resources, (or any other resources that you identified). Write an article discussing 5 threats that you found interesting.
The article should include the following information:
- Choose 5 topics from list below, and describe one interesting threat on each topic:
- Physical security
- Web application
- For each threat, describe:
- Resources you used;
- What is it about, which topic (see the list above) it covers;
- Why interesting;
- Which vulnerability is involved; what is its CVSS value? use the calculator (https://www.first.org/cvss/calculator/3.0) ; motivate the CVSS values;
- Describe at least one incident associated with this threat; explain its impact on CIA; and give suggestion on possible mitigations.
Each threats should be described at about two A4 pages. So in total, the body of this document should be about 10 pages, excluding citations.