1. Question: Which statement concerning exotoxins is true?
2. Question: The Apalachicola (Pap) test is used to screen for which cancer?
3. Question: Fetal hematopoiesis occurs in which structure?
4. Question: An infant’s hemoglobin must fall below ___ g/dl before signs of pallor, tachycardia, and systolic murmurs occur.
5. Question: The function of the foramen ovale in a fetus allows what to occur?
6. Question: Apoptosis is a(an):
7. Question: What is the life span of platelets (in days)?
8. Question: Which statement is true concerning the IgM?
9. Question: Which criterion is used to confirm a diagnosis of asthma in an 8-year-old child?
10. Question: Which laboratory test is considered adequate for an accurate and reliable diagnosis of gonococcal urethritis in a symptomatic man?
11. Question: Where in the respiratory tract do the majority of foreign objects aspirated by children finally lodge?
12. Question: What physical sign is the result of turbulent blood flow through a vessel?
13. Question: Which primary characteristic is unique for the immune response?
14. Question: Low plasma albumin causes edema as a result of a reduction in which pressure?
15. Question: What is the most important negative inotropic agent?
16. Question: Which drug may be prescribed orally for outbreak management of herpes simplex viral (HSV) infections?
17. Question: Causes of hyperkalemia include:
18. Question: Which hormone is required for water to be reabsorbed in the distal tubule and collecting duct?
19. Question: What are the abnormalities in cytokines found in children with cystic fibrosis (CF)?
20. Question: Which cardiac chamber has the thinnest wall and why?
21. Question: The coronary ostia are located in the:
22. Question: What effect do natriuretic peptides have during heart failure when the heart dilates?
23. Question: Erythrocyte life span of less than 120 days, ineffective bone marrow response to erythropoietin, and altered iron metabolism describe the pathophysiologic characteristics of which type of anemia?
24. Question: Continuous increases in left ventricular filing pressures result in which disorder?
25. Question: Where are antibodies produced?