List all thesymbolic methodsof solving quadratic equations..
List all the symbolic methods of solving quadratic equations.
You have learned quadratic equations and quadratic functions. Except for the red and blue colors as I highlighted, are the quadratic equation and quadratic function different? Are they the same? Why and Why not? Please explain.
· What is the quadratic formula? What is it used for? Provide a useful example that is not found in the text.
- Explain the four steps for solving quadratic equations. Can any of these steps be eliminated? Can the order of these steps be changed? Would you add any steps to make solving quadratic equations easier or easier to understand?
- List all the symbolic methods of solving quadratic equations. Which method do you think is the easiest to perform? What is the most difficult? Explain why.
1. Quadratic equations, which are expressed in the form of ax2 + bx + c = 0, where a does not equal 0. Someone writes, “Quadratic equations may have many solutions.” Is this statement correct? Explain why.
2. Choose one of the following two questions:
(a) Write a word problem involving a quadratic function. How would you explain the steps in finding the solution to someone not in this class?
(b) From the readings from Week Four, provide at least one real-world application of algebraic concepts as they apply to one of the following areas: business, health and wellness, science, geometry or other math concepts, sports, or environmental science.