The purpose of the project proposal is to describe a project (i.e., to describe how to automate or improve the automation of a specific business process) and then to explain how completing the project will positively affect the business.
Develop a project definition and scope that defines the project and articulates the business context for the project
Once a project proposal is accepted, project work can begin; therefore, a successful project proposal must include all of the information necessary for stakeholders to make a go/no-go decision, including a statement of scope, a list of the benefits you expect the proposed project to provide, and a rough estimate of how long it will take and how much it will cost to complete the project.
For this assignment, you will create a 3- to 4-page project proposal for the business scenario you selected earlier this week and that was approved by your instructor. For your project proposal, be sure to:
- Complete the Project Proposal Template based on the business scenario you selected (and that was approved by your instructor) earlier this week. If you prefer, you may re-create the template using another software application of your choice, such as Microsoft Excel®.
- Develop a project definition and scope that defines the project and articulates the business context for the project.
- Identify problems that the proposed system is expected to solve (or opportunities the proposed project is expected to produce).
- Create project objectives.
- Create the project methodology or game plan.
- Compile a high-level schedule for completing the project scope.