This paper is on the impacts of technology and social media have on our physical, psychological, cognitive, emotional, and social development.
Impacts of technology and social media have on our physical
First part of paper should include the impacts of technology and social media have on our physical, psychological, cognitive, emotional, and social development. Should include if technology/ social media have a more positive or negative effects for certain age groups or might the effects be equally distributed across the lifespan.
second part of paper should include own observations. in ways that tech and social media has contributed to oneself to our progression and development
The impact of media and digital technology on children and adolescents
This position statement seeks to identify the many positive benefits of media. Also, digital technology for children and adolescents, but also recognises areas of concern.
- There are many positive benefits of exposure to, and appropriate use of, media in children and young people.
- A number of issues concerning the problematic impact of media have been identified including Problem Internet Use and cyberbullying.
- Clinicians should be aware that problematic use of media, where it leads to significant social isolation and also withdrawal, can impact adversely on normal development.
- Psychiatrists are particularly well placed to help work with children and young people with mental health problems where negative media experiences play a role.
- Further research is need on the impact of excessive exposure to digital technology on development.
Media is generally define as the means of mass communication, and includes broadcasting, publishing and the internet. The scope of media continues to increase dramatically as digital technology becomes more readily available. Social media has become a common method of communication and online gaming provides a further avenue for interaction. Rapid access to instant communication is increasingly the norm. Also, access from highly portable sources has created a climate where there is constant access to the digital world.