• Read the section in the textbook called, “Issues of Sex and Gender” in Chapter 10. Click on the following link and read the blog post entitled, “Doing Gender”.
Read the section in the textbook called, “Issues of Sex and Gender” in Chapter 10
Essay 2: Gender Performance
• Read the section in the textbook called, “Issues of Sex and Gender” in Chapter 10.
• Click on the following link and read the blog post entitled, “Doing Gender”.
• Include the following in your essay:
1. Give at least 2 examples of how you perform or “do” gender and 2 examples of how another person performs or “does” gender. The other person may be a friend, relative, etc.
2. Discuss why it may be difficult for individuals to see their gender as a performance.
3. Provide one or more examples of how your gender performance has changed as you have gotten older. You might include, for example:
a. How your gender performance became less stereotypical over time.
b. How your gender performance became more stereotypical over time.
c. How your gender performance changed as a result of growing up.
Your essay should be:
A minimum of 350 words.
A minimum of 4 paragraphs.
Written in Arial 12 pt. font.
Titled: “Essay 2: Gender Performance.”
Your essay should also include:
• Your name on the paper.
❖ Note: Only your name and the title should be on the paper. DO NOT put my name, name of course, date, etc.
Please see rubric for details on grading.
Pay attention to details to avoid losing points.
Spelling and grammar will be graded.
Read your paper out loud to check for errors.
Get someone else to read your paper.
Take your paper to the writing center for evaluation.