Self-confidence programs can enhance the self-confidence of .
Previous research indicates that self-confidence programs can enhance the self-confidence of adolescent boys. A researcher was interested in testing the effectiveness of such programs and how much training was needed to enhance self-confidence.
Self-confidence programs can enhance the self-confidence of
Previous research indicates that self-confidence programs can enhance the self-confidence of adolescent boys. A researcher was interest ed in testing the effectiveness of such programs and how much training was needed to enhance self-confidence. She tested this by recruiting 340 grade 10 boys from a selection of Brisbane Schools.
She randomly allocated the boys into one of the four groups. The groups were expose d to self-confidence programs of different durations (2hr program, 8hr program 20 hr program or a 40 hr program). She measure d self-confidence at the beginning of the program and again 1 week after the completion of the program and recorded the percentage of change in the boys’ self-rated self-confidence. The researcher also had a series of three a-prior contrasts she wanted to explore: 8hrs vs 2hrs, 20hrs vs 2hrs and final 40hrs vs 2hrs. An SPSS output file containing the analyses the researcher performed is located on the Assessment page in Blackboard.
Your job in this assignment task is to produce an APA formatted lab report (title page, results, discussion, references (if used), appendix (if used)). ALSO, Please note that an abstract, introduction and methods are not require d for this assignment. Just a results section and discussion. If you have used references in your results section, please include an APA formatted reference list; no references are required in the discussion section.
(1) Formulate hypotheses based on the information given above that use analyses covered in the learning materials. You will have to present an overall omnibus hypothesis. As well as appropriately phrased hypotheses suitable for the three a priori contrasts mentioned above. Although hypotheses are generally present ed in an introduction, you do not need an introduction in this assessment – simply present your hypotheses as an opening introductory paragraph to your results.
(2) Use the SPSS output provided in order to fully test the hypotheses and explain the data. Note we are looking for the correct selection of statistics from the output file. There is some redundant information present ed in your output file so it’s up to you to decide what is relevant.
(3) Write a correctly formatted Results section presenting all relevant aspects of this analysis.
Additionally, The results section should include:
1) FIRSTLY, your hypotheses
2) SECONDLY, descriptive data,
3) THIRDLY, assumption testing
4) FOURTHLY, inferential statistics including effect size measures.
Please justify the decisions you have made in terms of the results you have chosen to report. You will need to manually calculate your effect size measures using key statistics in the SPSS output file.
(4) When presenting/interpreting your descriptive data, you MUST have a table that shows the effect of duration on self-confidence in appropriate APA. This part of the assignment is design ed to let you acquire skills in making tables manually and inserting appropriate data from SPSS. DO NOT copy tables directly from the output file – your table must meet APA standards.
(5) ADDITIONALLY, Write a few opening paragraphs, like you would include at the beginning of the Discussion Section.
1) FIRSTLY, if your hypotheses were support ed or not.
2) SECONDLY, general description of the results including summary of what was significant and the size of the effects.
3) THIRDLY, limitations and future recommendations. No references required for this section.