Assignment – DAP Activity Plan
Purpose of Assignment:
Understanding Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP) Activity Plans for use in an early childhood setting requires comprehension of basic child development for each early childhood age group. DAP Plans provide lesson detail aligning with all five developmental domains and connect the expected outcomes for the child as a result of this plan’s implementation.
Course Competency: Describe developmental domains for children birth to age 8.
Your assignment is to create and analyze a DAP activity for each of the four selected age groups. Create activities that are developmentally appropriate for each of the following age groups:
- Infant (ages 0-18 months)
- Toddler (ages 18-36 months)
- Preschool (ages 3-5 years)
- Early School-age (ages 5-8 years)
All four activities need to meet all the developmental PILES (Physical, Intellectual, Language, Emotional, and Social) for that age group.
Describe how to implement each activity and analyze the activity by answering the questions on the provided activity template.
Download this template and use it as your outline to complete this assignment.
The template contains instructions for what to include in the assignment, and the document will expand as you type in your answers.
You will include four activities total, one for each of the included age groups. You must include the following components for each age group’s activity:
- Name the activity.
- Identify three objectives.
- Identify the materials needed.
- Describe how to implement the activity.
- Describe how the activity supports potential growth in each of the five developmental PILES domains
- Through the SOE guide created just for our program, the School of Education offers access to a wealth of early childhood education resources, including articles and videos, tutoring services, website links, and assistance from a librarian to support your writing growth.
- Microsoft Office
- CDC’s Developmental Milestones
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below: