Vulnerability of the Maritime Transportation Security (MTS)
Select a peer reviewed article that is focused on one of the following subject areas:
- Port Security
- Vulnerability of the Maritime Transportation Security (MTS)
- Vulnerability to world shipping
- Threats presented within the Maritime focused cyber space
- Maritime cyber security
- Treatment of longshoreman in developing countries
- Resilience and Maritime Security
Include the following information:
- Article name and author
- Is there a research question that it clearly stated or implied? If so, what is it? Do you believe it is academically rigorous?
- Is there a hypothesis or thesis or central argument that is clearly stated or implied? If so, what is it?
- Does the Author answer the “So What?” Were you convinced that the study was worth doing?
- Is the study unique in any way?
- What are the main points of the article?
- What kind of literature review is provided and/or what sources are cited? How well does it fulfill that purpose?
- How well does the Author explain their method of collecting and analyzing data? Could you replicate the study based upon the article before you?
- Is there any discussion of variables? Is so, how? Does the Author look at alternative points of view?
- Do the study’s findings support the authors Goals or Thesis? How valid are they?
- Does the conclusion follow from the evidence provided? Are you persuaded by it? Why or Why Not?
- Does the Author address the implications of these results? If so, how comprehensively is this done?
- Do you notice other strengths and limitations of this study?
- Your paper must be at a minimum of 3-5 pages (the Title and Reference pages do not count towards the minimum limit).
- Scholarly and credible references should be used.
- Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
- Students will follow the current APA Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework.
- Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize books, peer-reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc.
- All submissions will be graded using the assignment rubric.