How did the British settler colonies in North America differ from the colonies established in Central and South America?
Chapter Reading Questions Week 2
Answer the following questions in complete sentences. Each answer should be roughly one or two paragraphs. Use examples and/or quotes from the textbook to support your answers. Type in the answers directly below each question. Save and send the document as “week 2 reading questions your last name” (for example, week 2 reading questions gerlach).
1. How did the British settler colonies in North America differ from the colonies established in Central and South America?
2. Why did the European empires in the Americas have such an enormously greater impact on the conquered people than the Chinese, Mughal, and Ottoman empires?
3. What were the major commodities or goods being traded in the world between 1450 and 1750? What effect did this trade have on the people living in these lands? How did they fit into “the global economy”?
4. How did the Atlantic slave trade transform African societies?
3. Compare the processes (what was different, what was the same) by which Christianity and Islam became world religions?