Voiceover Persuasive PowerPoint to Board of Directors
Presentation: Voiceover Persuasive PowerPoint to Board of Directors
Regardless of all the courses you may have taken throughout your educational journey in health care, when you are involved in interviews with organizational representatives, seldom will you be asked about the coursework you completed. Instead, you will be asked questions that will examine your critical thinking skills, your oral communication skills, your written communication skills, and your team building experiences.
You will be able to display all of these criteria in a voiceover presentation to the Board of Directors.
Your assignment is to use your major paper to create a PowerPoint voiceover presentation, as if you are presenting to the “Board of Directors.” You will need PowerPoint with voice narration capability (version 7 or newer) and a microphone to complete this assignment. Your presentation should not exceed 10 minutes.
As you create your presentation, keep in mind that the “Board of Directors” will evaluate the following and, as such, must be included in this presentation:
- Introduction of self and topic: Establish your credibility and clearly state purpose of presentation.
- The first content slide should include a professional-looking picture and brief biography.
- Present quality data and facts related to proposed action you want the Board to approve, with a reference page at the end of the presentation.
- Organization of content should build to a conclusion.
- The conclusion should be well supported by your research and persuasive towards approval of your proposal.
- Overall presentation should be strong, persuasive, and fact-based.
- Your presentation should communicate enthusiasm and confidence.
Compose your work in a .ppt file type using a word processor (such as Microsoft Word, etc.) and save it frequently to your computer. For those assignments that are not written essays and require uploading images or PowerPoint slides, please follow uploading guidelines provided by your instructor.
Check your work and correct any spelling or grammatical errors. When you are ready to submit your work, click “Submit Assignment” in the upper right corner. Click on “Browse,” browse your computer, and select your file. Click “Open” and verify the correct file name has appeared next to the Browse button. Enter your comments, if any, in the Comments area. Click on “Submit Assignment.”
This assignment will be graded using the rubric displayed below. Please review this rubric prior to beginning your work. You can also access the rubric on the Course Rubrics page within the Start Here module. This assignment is worth 20% of your final course grade.