How does she view food and why is this necessary for her in order not to eat?
- This is a fictional account of an anorexic woman in the hospital This pairs very strongly with the documentary THIN, which documents individual cases of women in an eating disorder clinic. It is an eye-opener! This brings up the question to what extent does a person have the freedom to starve her/himself to death?
- What are the things that Josie is afraid of and why do you think this is so?
- How does she view food and why is this necessary for her in order not to eat? How does she define eating?
- What is her false analogy regarding not eating? (283)
- Why the washing and rewashing and pulling her hair back tightly?
- The Vogue magazine means what to Josie?
- Why is it in a rich nation as the US we suffer from extremes in eating from obesity to yo-yo dieting to anorexia? Dieting programs make billions for corporations and the fast food industry does as well. Obviously these are businesses that capitalize on people’s insecurities, health issues, and even addictions. Who really gains and who loses and what are the ramifications for US society as a whole?