This paper is an opportunity to study the relationship between disasters and other political and social phenomena
This paper is an opportunity to study the relationship between disasters and other political and social phenomena. Select one of the articles assigned to review for Wednesday, April 14th. This could be the article that you and your group discuss during your meeting, or perhaps a different reading. Read the article very carefully and develop a response paper that addresses the following themes in a 2-3 page narrative essay:
· Begin with an introductory paragraph that provides an overview of the article.
· In the next paragraph, provide a brief summary of the theoretical foundations for the
study presented by the author.
· Then, discuss the research question and hypothesis of the study, and present the key
variables of the study and how they are to be operationalized or measured.
· Review and discuss in more detail the actual empirical work or case study information developed in the article. What methodology and data do they employ, and what are
some interesting patterns or significant results?
· What are the conclusions of the article?
· Finally, and critically: what connections can you draw between this research and our
class theories and arguments (be specific, where possible). What have you learned about how it is ‘all connected’?