Research Paper Narrated Presentation
To practice communicating techncial information verbally, students will prepare a 1-2 min presentation on their research paper . submit a narrated PPT presentation
The most effective presentations are accompanied by visuals. When a spoken message is supported with visual information (text, images), the technical content is easier to understand and will be retained longer.
Using PowerPoint, create a slide deck with speaker/presentation notes. The notes will be the presentation/video script.
The slides should be minimal in number and style. Organization should reflect spoken message (which reflects written report). Slides should contain:
- Minimal text – the notes section is for detail – most slides should be fewer than 7 words/slide – 10 words/slide MAX (exceptions may apply)
- Images, graphics, charts, (simple) tables, photos, etc.
- Research – correctly formatted references (can be placed in notes section also)
The speaker/presentation notes (script) should:
- contain more information than the slides
- be written in full sentences or bulleted – not bulleted sentences!
- reflect report organization and design – use of headings, references
- be formatted to fit the notes section – check in notes page view
- be used as a script
- Research report topic
- Content should reflect report organization
- 1-2 minutes MAX
- Visuals applied to support and complement verbal message – appropriate visuals – minimal text
- Well-organized, scripted and rehearsed (see Slides and speaker notes assignment)
- Students should be on camera when recording
- Effective presentation skills applied – looking directly at camera, appearance, lighting, etc.
- Must create video using slide narration feature in PowerPoint,
*NOTE: Please do not submit narrated presentation in any format other than PowerPoint.
Please see attached for the Research paper Topic to do the narrated presentation.