In this Assignment, you will take the first steps toward putting your interview guide into action. Invite at least five potential participants to participate in your study using the criteria stated in the document, “IRB Requirements for Selecting Participants.” To invite them, you can modify the sample invitation, but use the Informed Consent statement verbatim. These documents are located in the Learning Resources. You can approach friends, family, colleagues, or anyone else as long as they meet the IRB criteria. If you invite five, it is likely that two of them will be able to participate.
- Prepare your participant invitation (refer to the example in this week’s Learning Resources).
- Select from among your friends, colleagues, and other people you know at least five potential participants, as long as they meet the IRB criteria.
- Copy and paste the content of your five e-mails to one Word document, and submit this document to the Assignment submission area.
- Send your invitations to your prospective participants, via e-mail, with a CC to your Instructor.
- Confirm two participants and send those individuals the IRB Consent Form.