Introduction to Social Science Research Principles and Terminology and posted below
Please answer the questions that were posed in VIDEO: Chapter 1: Introduction to Social Science Research Principles and Terminology and posted below.
Each of you should offer feedback to at least one of your peers.
1) Criminal Justice Populations: What are 2 populations of people, places, events, or institutions that we might want to study in criminal justice research? For these different populations identify your unit of analysis.
2) Think about the populations you identified, how might you use these different methodologies to collect data on these populations?
3) Create a list of 5 possible variables that we might collect data on in criminal justice research.
4) How would you measure the different variables you identified? For example, the age of a person could be anywhere within the number range of 0 – 100.
5) Identify the appropriate scale of measurement for your variables.
6) Use two of your variables to create a research statements that hypothesize relationships, identifying the dependent and independent variables.