For this assignment you will write a ~1 page response paper with attachments about what it is like for a family of 4 on a SNAP budget. Use the following as a guide to for your paper, make sure to include all of the following but not limited to just that.
According to the USDA the average SNAP family received $649/month to spend on food. How much money does this come to for the family of 4 each day? About how much does each meal cost? How easy is it to plan healthful meals on a SNAP budget? Apply your critical thinking to the things that strie you the most. You may want to consider age of family members, health needs, cooking skills, staples such as oil and spices, etc.
- Come up with a menu for breakfast, lunch, OR dinner that is healthful and fits within your SNAP budget
- Come up with original or find tried and true recipes for your meal
- Create a purchase order for the meal
- Plan your specific timeline and justify your time to cook and prepare
- Provide a cost breakdown of each ingredient (you can use fresh direct, peapod, etc. to find these prices)
- Include portion sizes
- Attach a nutrient analysis in a clean, clear table format