Think about a special occasion speech that you would like to present on a topic of your choice
- Think about a special occasion speech that you would like to present on a topic of your choice.
- The speech can be for any context and any length, but the purpose must be to commemorate an occasion. See the list of example occasions for inspiration.
- Download and answer each question in the Unit 1 Touchstone Template based on the speech you are thinking of: Touchstone1Template.doc
- Consider your audience, purpose, and thesis. Answer each of the questions related to audience, purpose, and thesis. Answer in detail, using complete sentences.
- Review the rubric to ensure that you understand how you will be evaluated. Contact a Sophia learning coach with any questions.
- Review the checklist and requirements to ensure that your Touchstone is complete.
- Submit your completed Unit 1 Touchstone Template on Sophia.