Financial Markets: his is Assignment 1: Market updates
This is Assignment 1: Market updates
- Individual task
- You should prepare an executive memo and submit a document in Word format. Wordcount between 1500-2000.
- You should submit a Power Point presentation between 15 and 20 slides.
- Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
- Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
- Text alignment: Justified.
Submission: Week (6) – Via Moodle (Turnitin). Sunday 7th March.
Weight: This task is a 40% of your total grade for this subject.
It assesses the following learning outcomes:
- Analyze stock price changes
- Demonstrate understanding of the financial markets
: Follow a public traded stock and analyze the changes in stock price. Write a presentation and an executive memo of your findings. Choose one of the following companies:
- Banco de Sabadell
- Marriott International
- International Consolidated Airlines Group S.A.
In your presentation you should:
- Describe graphically the trend of the stock prices during the last 4 months and, in more detail, during the las 3 weeks.
- Explain the observed trends
- Relate these trends to relevant contextual information.
- Regarding this context, briefly forecast the changes in prices for the next month.
In your executive memo you should:
- Explain your findings based on the information contained in the presentation. The presentation of these findings must be clear and useful to inform decision making.
- Make business recommendations based on these findings.
“An executive memory is a short document that aims to inform management or decision makers about any issues in connection with the business (projects and project developments) that would need approval with the management.”
|Correct explanation of price trends||15|
|Relevant findings and recommendations||25|
|Connection to relevant contextual information||25|
|Verbal explanations are complete, clear and backed with relevant data||10|
|Conclusions are clear, and logical||10|
|Harvard referencing system used||2.5|
|Essay is in required word range (1500, 2000 words)||2.5|