Explain how you are going to use the skills you learned in class this quarter to help cope with a current situation
Explain how you are going to use the skills you learned in class this quarter to help cope with a current situation. Examples might be the pandemic and related social distancing, the increasing visibility and intensity of systemic racism and social injustices, big life changes such as graduation and/or changes in employment, or any other important situations in your life. Please use one situation to answer all 5 questions. Be specific in naming the skills and describing what the skill is and how you specifically will use them.
Expect your answers to be 1-2 double spaced pages with 12pt font/1 inch margins per question for a total of 5-10 pages.
- How have you or how could you develop a mindfulness routine to cultivate insight into your thoughts and emotional experience during this time in your life? Describe at least one mindfulness practice you could do regularly and identify which WHAT skill it uses and how you would use all three HOW skills for it.
- How are you going to know when you’re above a 65 on your emotional thermometer? When you are above a 65, choose one or more skills you are going to use to stay effective and explain how the skills work and why the skills would work for you in being effective at managing your emotions during this time. Describe the skills and the specific strategies/components.
- When you are below a 65, choose one or more skills you are going to use in helping to reduce the severity of the emotion you are experiencing and/or change your emotion to a more preferred one. Similarly, explain how these skills work and why they would be effective for you. Describe the skill and the specific strategies/components.
- How have you or how could you use interpersonal effectiveness skills to navigate social relationships at this time? Describe the skill and the specific strategies/components. Include quotes of what you would say for each part of the skill.
- What other skills will you use to help keep yourself in your wise mind during this time? How specifically will you use those skills?