What is Marketing’s primary role in database development?
1. What is Marketing’s primary role in database development? Provide an example of an organization where Marketing’s role in database development might be more extensive.
2. What are some hardware options for a database system?
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using commercial database software packages versus developing database programs from scratch?
4. How is a structured database different from a relational database? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
5. What are some of the organizational and cross-functional factors in database development? Consider outsourcing options.
6. Discuss the implications of phasing in a new or upgraded database system.
1. What does it mean for a sample to be representative?
2. How do direct marketers select names to ensure that they are taken randomly?
3. What is a frozen file and why is it important?
4. If a direct marketer does not have the necessary resources to create frozen files for every test sample promoted, what other option is available to create such a file for analysis purposes? 5. Why is it important to set aside a portion of the sample prior to analysis for validation?