Assignment: Network Protocols and Technologies
CIS-27 Unit 3 Assignment: Network Protocols and Technologies
In this assignment, we will explore attack types, protocols, ports, and services in a network environment. Refer to Chapter 3 and lecture notes to complete the following questions:
- What is a sniffing attack?
- Identify 2 applications that can be used for network sniffing?
- What protocols are often used in DoS attack?
- Between TCP and UDP, which protocol provides delivery assurance?
- Why is Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) important in networking?
- Which protocol performs auto-configuration of device IPv6 addresses and discovers other IPv6 devices on the network, such as address of router?
- What protocol is used to stream video over the Internet?
- What ports are used by FTP?
- What protocol is used to secure HTTP traffic?
- What protocol is used in place of SSL?
- What protocol TCP port 22?
- What protocols are used for e-mail services?
- What is the primary difference between IPv4 and IPv6 addresses?
- What is the purpose of a DNS?
Submit a document (.docx and .pdf) that contains questions and answers.