Some Points to consider in Paper
- Watch carefully leadership traits on display in scenes from “Invictus”. Connect these scenes to the
concepts discussed in class about being a leader.
- Identify and describe the leadership traits demonstrated by the two main characters.
- According to President Mandela, as portrayed by Morgan Freeman in this film, what is the essence of
- What are some traits we see in President Mandela’s character that shows he’s a good leader? What
are some leadership traits we see in Francois, as portrayed by Matt Damon?
- What does the poem Invictus mean to Mandela? What might we expect Invictius to mean for South
Africa as a nation? Why is it important as a leader to unify its followers even when times get rough?
- Explain why a sports team’s performance can affect the larger institution (like a nation) and how this
performance can transcend into a form of leadership
- Relate how Emotional Intelligence plays a role in the decisions the characters make.
- Invictus looks like a good movie, but so what? What can we take-away from this movie to help us
become better leaders?