Health Fitness Homework
Name: __Xavier Roberts_______________________________
For this assignment, the goal is to assess your current physical fitness and create a FITT plan to further your fitness.
To start, make sure you are cleared for exercise. The PAR-Q seven questions are used to determine this. Filll this out.
- Yes____. No__N__. Has your doctor ever said you have a heart condition and that you should only perform physical activity recommended by a doctor?
- Yes____. No__N__. Do you feel pain in your chest when you perform physical activity?
- Yes____. No__N__. In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not performing any physical activity?
- Yes____. No__N__. Do you lose your balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness?
- Yes____. No__N__. Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in you physical activity?
- Yes____. No__N__. Is your doctor currently prescribing any medication for your blood pressure or for a heart condition?
- Yes____. No__N__. Do you know of any other reason why you should not engage in physical activity?
If you have answered “Yes” to one or more of the above questions, consult your physician before engaging in physical activity. Tell your physician which questions you answered “Yes” to. After a medical evaluation, seek advice from your physician on what type of activity is suitable for your current condition.
If, for any reason, you are unable to complete the fitness testing complete the data table and FITT plan for average results.
To assess fitness, click on the hot links and follow instructions. Put your score and your rank in the table below. (tests are linked to their titles): (10 pts)
|Cardiovascular: Rockport Walk Test (use VO2 for score, calculated using formula in instructions, then comparing to VO2 chart to find rank)||*||*|
|Muscular strength: Abdominal Strength Test|
|Muscular endurance: Push-up Sit up|
|Flexibility: Sit and Reach|
*The cardiovascular score and rank are essential in order to write the FITT plan. Without this data credit cannot be given to the FITT write-up.
Next, look at your cardiovascular score (your VO2 score). This is what we will be concentrating on now. How can you possibly improve this (if it was low) or how can you possibly maintain this (if it was very good)?
Your cardiovascular plan will include all four parts of the FITT mode: frequency (how often you should work out per week), intensity (your specific training heart zone), time (how long your work out session should be) and type (running, swimming, biking…). This is very exact, detailed information. Do not use opinion. Report your target heart zone in beats per minute and percent of maximal heart rate (70 – 85%).
Based on my cardiovascular rank of _____ my FITT plan is as follows:
(4 pts). Frequency:
(8 pts). Intensity (Your target heart zone):
(4 pts). Time:
(4 pts). Type:
Note: I am looking for fact here. This is not an opinion paper. Your text book and the powerpoint presentation will give you help regarding this assignment.
Submit this completed form as a .doc/.docx or .rtf file attachment to the assignment area (not email nor the discussion forum).
See the calendar for due dates
Assignment check: Did you successfully complete all five (5) physical tests? Did you put the correct score with the corresponding rank in the table? Did you compose a FITT plan for you based on your cardiovascular fitness level? Do not turn in a general plan, create a cardiovascular plan for YOU.