Information Technology 1010
Create an Evaluation Matrix Chart in Excel that will let you compare the 3 careers/positions at technology companies side by side on each criterion.
What should be in the matrix are:
- Three technology careers/positions (i.e. system analysis, software engineer, help desk technician) to evaluate.
- Five criteria (all students must use these criteria).
- Career Outlook (what percentage of jobs will be available in the future)
- Work Schedule
Look up the criteria for each of your careers/professions on the Bureau of Labor and Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/ and O*Net https://www.onetonline.org/. You may use other sources of information.
Create 2 Excel worksheets.
- The first is your Excel matrix chart with formulas to calculate weighted scores using a mixed cell reference. This will enable you to see which career scored best with the raw scores and then which career scored best with the weighted scores.
- The second is a chart of your results from the matrix. The chart may be the style of your choice. It must give good information about the data in your worksheet with your matrix. Name each worksheet in the workbook appropriately. Submit your file with both worksheets into the Blackboard assignment for this phase.
Divide 100 points among the criteria, with the highest number of points going to the criteria that is most important to you.
An example of the matrix is in this section as an attachment. Watch videos in the video reference folder for guidance. Additional Resources available under GCFLearnFree.org section.
Do not forget to record your sources/references.