Credentialing laws for the counseling profession have been left to the
- Credentialing laws for the counseling profession have been left to the
- __________ is NOT a level of credentialing procedures.
- Decisions of the CACREP board regarding accreditation of a program can include all of the following EXCEPT
|a.||denial of accreditation.|
|d.||2-year provisional accreditation.|
- __________ is the ability of professionals to move their licensed status from state to state.
- The __________ was originally chartered as the Military Educators and Counselors Association to support members of the armed services and their families.
|a.||American Rehabilitation Counseling Association (ARCA)|
|b.||American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA)|
|c.||Association for Specialists in Group Work (ASGW)|
|d.||Military and Government Counseling Association (MGCA)|
- Portability allows
|a.||a multicultural approach to counseling.|
|b.||professionals to use standardized practices.|
|c.||the public to know that they are protected.|
|d.||professionals to move their license from state to state.|
- The __________ has supported counselors-in-training by offering monetary awards for essay writing contests.
|a.||National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)|
|b.||American Counseling Association Insurance Trust, Inc. (ACAIT)|
|c.||American Counseling Association Foundation (ACAF)|
|d.||Chi Sigma Iota|
- ____________ was the final state to issue licenses for professional counselors.
- The reason for removing “development” from ACA’s previous title of the American Association for Counseling and Development was
|a.||because only psychodynamic perspectives deal with development.|
|b.||due to a great deal of conflict over the title.|
|c.||due to new theories emerging that did not look at development as a part of the counseling process.|
|d.||to unite and reflect the common link of counseling between association members.|
- In the __________ process, the state legislature passes a law that allows professional groups to document individuals within the profession that have met specific standards.
- The four levels of credentialing procedures, ranging from least prestigious to most prestigious, are ______________.
|a.||inspection, registration, certification, and licensure|
|b.||certification, inspection, licensure, and registration|
|c.||registration, certification, inspection, and licensure|
|d.||inspection, licensure, certification, and registration|
- Which of the following statements is NOT true about credentialing laws for the counseling profession?
|a.||Many states accredit graduate school counseling programs in conjunction with national accreditation processes.|
|b.||Credentialing laws are established by the national government.|
|c.||Credentialing procedures are different from state to state.|
|d.||Professional policies and laws, particularly credentialing, are still being established.|
- The __________ is a voluntary, non-profit, non-governmental, independent corporation that advances professional counselor credentials.
|a.||American Counseling Association Foundation (ACAF)|
|b.||Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)|
|c.||National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)|
|d.||Chi Sigma Iota|
- The process by which states reach agreements that allow for out-of-state licenses to be accepted so long as all state fees are paid is known as
- Which of the following is NOT true about the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)?
|a.||NBCC recruits non-profit organizations to sponsor certification testing.|
|b.||NBCC manages certification examinations.|
|c.||NBCC oversees the national certification process.|
|d.||NBCC manages specialty certifications for clinical mental health and addictions counselors.|
- __________ protects public interest, ensures that graduate students have met high standards, and identifies educational programs that meet minimum standards for faculty composition, curriculum, and student services.
- Licensure and national certification
|a.||support future skill development.|
|b.||guide counseling students through their respective graduate programs.|
|c.||allow professionals to use their leadership and advocacy skills.|
|d.||are costly and sometimes unnecessary.|
- Licenses and certifications require
|a.||qualification by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).|
|b.||a minimum of 3.0 as a graduate GPA.|
|c.||3 years of graduate education.|
- Title acts differ from practice acts in that title acts
|a.||require individuals to meet state licensure requirements.|
|b.||prohibit individuals from performing the activities associated with professional counseling.|
|c.||allow graduates of counselor education programs to call themselves licensed professional counselors.|
|d.||allow individuals to practice the profession of counseling so long as they do not call themselves licensed professional counselors.|
- The minimum number of supervised clinical hours an applicant must accumulate before applying for a counseling license
|a.||is 5,000 hours.|
|b.||is 4,000 hours.|
|c.||is 3,000 hours.|
|d.||varies by state.|