Reflect on your communication style, are you direct or indirect?
Week 3 Discussion Question: The use of a portfolio document may be sent to a prospective employer or used in your evaluation for a promotion.
● Outline and describe in the discussion those components that you will be working
on in this session to build or improve your professional portfolio and post to the
Week 4 Discussion Question –
● Prepare three (3) to five (5) questions for your interview about your subject’s
position, responsibilities and practices. Use two different types of interview/survey
questions if possible, obtained through your investigation of research question
formats, such as open-ended, rank, and Likert scale questions that would work in
Week 5 Discussion Question –
● In the Week 5 discussion forum you will describe the main points of the interview
content and experience.
● Conduct the Interview and share what are some of the major observations you made in regard to your interview; were you satisfied with the information gained during the interview? What are some of your own personal strengths and weaknesses related to the interview process?
Week 7 Discussion Question: View Video “Apply Learning How to Speak Confidently and Communicate Effectively (Three Tips)” by Linda Raynier (7:55 min) at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHQxEolk9ic. And then answer-
● Consider your own communication style, share with the class at least two lessons
learned through this video.
● Reflect on your communication style, are you direct or indirect?
● Did you find the three tips in the video useful?
● How can you improve your communication style within your work environment?