Tata Consultancy Services: Selling Certainty (Ghemawat & Altman) from the course pack
Tata Consultancy Services: Selling Certainty (Ghemawat & Altman) from the course pack. As you read through the case:
- identify relevant P.E.S.T.L.E. items, using the PESTLE figure found in the course material section, and
- identify the key management strategy issues that arise in the case
The following discussion questions may help with part 2.
Guiding managerial/strategy questions:
- Is the “Experience Certainty” strategy proposed at TCS low-cost or differentiated?
- Evaluate the proposed strategy from the perspective of TCS?
- What implications does this new strategy have for customer selection, contract pricing, human resources, global delivery footprint, inorganic growth (complementary versus supplementary acquisitions) and R&D at TCS?
- Consider in greater depth the expansion of TCS’s delivery footprint particularly in Latin America. Does this expansion make sense for TCS?