Discuss the information that you research from the online environment about the Fortune 500 Company
Choose a Fortune 500 company that you are interested in researching for this assignment.
Write a report applying specific course concepts from the readings in Chapters 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10. Examples are: Competitive Advantage-Porter’s Generic Strategies, The Experience Curve, Industry Life Cycle Stages, Turnaround Strategies, Vertical Integration, Portfolio Management and the BCG Matrix, Strategic Alliances and Joint Ventures, Competitive Dynamics, Culture, and Organization Structure.
The research case analysis may draw on items from the online environment—newspapers, magazines, and websites—to provide current (i.e., within the last year) examples of course-related topics (i.e., Business Strategy from this week’s reading assignment). Relevance and probable interest to the class are especially welcome.
The research case analysis should fully address the following points in this order.
- Introduce a Fortune 500 company.
- Discuss the information that you research from the online environment about the Fortune 500 Company.
- Discuss two concepts from this week’s readings. Explain how the online research information relates to two these concepts.
- Discuss shat practical managerial implications you foresee for this company based on what you have learned this week in class
- Use a title page.
- Font: Use Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Place your name in the upper left-hand corner of the page.
- Each section of your paper should be headed by the bolded, capitalized item described above.
- Indent paragraphs.
- Insert page numbers bottom right.
- Paper length should be two double-spaced pages not including title page, references, or illustrations and tables.
- Use APA citations throughout the paper. If you are not familiar with APA citation, refer to tutorial, which is contained in the last section of our course Syllabus.
- Include a separate reference page at the end of the paper.
- Please prepare reference page as follows.
|Introduce a Fortune 500 company||5|
|Research from online environment||30|
|Two concepts from this week’s readings||40|
|Practical managerial implications||15|
|Writing and Style||5|
|APA Format and References||5|
When you have completed the paper using the above sections, insert a page break and have a separate reference page. The references should be listed in accordance with the APA guidelines as shown in the tutorial.
Dess, G., Lumpkin, G., & Eisner, A. (2016). Strategic Management (8e). Boston: McGraw-Hill Irwin.