A comparison of motivational theories
Imagine that your training plans are not yielding the expected results in learning according to the data that you’ve analyzed. There has been discussion with the leadership team about issues with employees not being motivated to learn, and employee surveys have confirmed that employees are not sufficiently motivated. Your team has been asked by the HR Director to investigate what may be causing the lack of motivation. Your investigation should consider barriers to learning, motivational theories, and alternatives for enhancing employee motivation.
Create a report of no more than 700 words that summarizes various motivational theories.
Write a report that includes the following components:
- A comparison of motivational theories
- Alternatives that should be considered to enhance learner motivation
- The impact on self-efficacy on learning
- Recommendations for improving motivation for learning
- Data that you will collect to determine whether or not your recommendations are having a positive effect upon employee motivation
- Strategies for enhancing the retention of learning
- Post-implementation surveys and analysis to determine the effectiveness of training on motivation
Cite any outside sources according to APA formatting guidelines.