Discuss how the setting, symbols, and figurative language used in Volar and A Wall of Fire Rising
Discuss how the setting, symbols, and figurative language used in Volar and A Wall of Fire Rising contributed to how the characters were shaped by their environment and/or scenes from the stories. Please do not summarize the stories. Provide a literary analysis of the settings, symbols, and figurative language used in both stories.
Your postings will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Writing well-developed paragraphs relevant to the prompt(s) (minimum 300 words).
- Be sure that your thesis is explicit and supported with one to two quotations from the literature.
- Do not write in first or second person.
- Replying to two of your classmates with meaningful responses with a minimum of 30 words (do not simply write “I agree. I like what you’ve written.”)
- Following the rules of Standard English. Please proofread your writing before clicking the ‘submit’ button!
- When you include a quotation from the literature in your mini-essay, please place an in-text citation (also called a parenthetical citation) immediately after you close the quotation marks and before you place a period at the end of your sentence. That way, anyone in the class (including me!) can easily find the quotation in the literature if necessary. If you’re not sure what to place inside the parentheses, there is instruction in the textbook in Chapter 34- Quotation, Citation, and Documentation.