Instructions In this unit, we learned about management, organizational structures, and open and closed systems. Write an essay in which you expand on the following topics. Describe management, organization, and….
How many liters of water does it take to produce 1 apple in California?
Watch the documentary Blue Gold: Water Wars, and answer the following questions:
- How many liters of water does it take to produce 1 apple in California? ____________
- In South Africa, water meters run on __________. A house burned down because the owners
and the neighbors couldn’t afford to run the water. As a consequence _____ _________ died.
- Cochabamba is a city in which country? _________________
- Which groups of people were protesting about water privatization? ____________ and ______________
- Which country has the US established a military base in, allegedly to gain control over a major aquifer. ____________
- Which former president owns thousands of acres of land in the same region. _______________
- This region of the world has been described as the Middle _______ of ________.
- The name of the company ‘kicked out’ of the region was ___________.
- Name some ways in which water usage in the United States could be reduced:
- How do you think we should approach the question of water availability on a global scale? Should it be a right? Is putting a price on it the fairest, or the only way to distribute it? Give reasons for your answer.