Group Research Project Course: MGMT 304- Organizational Behavior
Project Announcement Date: November 3, 2020
Submission mode: Soft copy of the report via Blackboard followed by PowerPoint presentation to be send by email.
Submission Deadline: November 13, 2020
PURPOSE: The purpose of this project is to describe and analyze organizational behavior practices theoretically and practically. The project provides the students an opportunity to link theoretical aspects of the course with real world situations and to learn the challenges faced by companies in application of organizational behavior.
PROJECT DISCRIPTION: • Select one of the following topics and gather sufficient information to provide a good analysis of all aspects of the topic especially in the context of Saudi Arabia. The analysis of the selected topic must be done with reference to real companies working in Saudi Arabia (preferably) or in international field.
• Select ONE of the following topics for your project:
1. Employee well-being at work
2. Employee Withdrawal Behavior (turnover)
3. Deviant Work Behavior
4. Employee Commitment and Loyalty to Organization
5. Positive work environment.
6. Ethical behavior at Work
7. Political behavior at Work
8. Effect of organizational culture on employee behavior
9. Managing work-life balance
1. It’s a group-based project composed of written report, so all the group members are required to participate equally. The maximum number of students in each group is FIVE students. Use books, electronic databases, company websites, interviews, search engines, and any other suitable sources to collect your data.
2. The report should include an individual contribution report for each group member that shows the effort of each group member in the project. Students not participating will not be given marks. The project report should be between 2000 and 3000 words long.
3. Submit your report as early as possible. Due dates will be firmly adhered. If report is not submitted by the due date, a penalty of 20% per day will be deducted from the assessment mark. Format for report structure is attached.
4. Writing Guidelines: Paper size: A4, Line Spacing: 1.15, Margins: 1” (inch)all sides, Font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12 for text 14 for heading and 13 for subheading.
5. Your report should be grammatically correct, well punctuated, clear, neatly presented, and easy to read. Failure to comply with these requirements will result in a significant loss of marks.
6. Referencing: Plagiarism will not be tolerated at all and will lead to serious action. All sources must be referenced. The Harvard Referencing style must be used to support all sources of information. Students must provide in-text references as well as reference list at the end of document. Harvard Referencing guide is available on blackboard.
7. Evaluation Criteria: Rubrics and forms for evaluation of project report and format of individual contribution report are provided in pages 4,5 and 6.
The report may follow the structure given below.
1. Title page with project title, company name, student names and their IDs, and section number.
2. Table of Contents (list of titles in your project and their page numbers)
3. Introduction Give general background about the topic, objective of the project, methods of data collection, report organization.
4. Theoretical Part: Review of what is written in literature related to the project topic. The student is expected to give general theoretical description of the topic such as concept, importance, measurement, factors, and outcomes as related to your selected topic.
5. Analytical Part: Analyze your selected topic practically using examples from real world companies. Your analysis should also include evaluation of positive and negative aspects of your topic as they appear from your practical analysis.
6. Conclusion & Recommendations Give brief conclusion of the report and your recommendations (suggestions), in points, to solve the behavioral problem and make improvement.
7. List of References (list all references, including websites and books, used to get information for your project)
8. Individual Contribution Report.