Provide a 500 word minimum post that reflects upon what bills you would propose? If you had to pick one policy topic and draft a bill on it what would….
What do the Marine fossils in the layers of the Grand Canyon and other canyon sites around the globe show us as Christians?
◦ What location did they visit to see evidence if the global flood, and what were some pieces of evidence that showed that it was a rapid change, not a change over the course of millions of years?
◦ What do the Marine fossils in the layers of the Grand Canyon and other canyon sites around the globe show us as Christians?
◦ “It’s not a little water and a lot of time. It’s a lot of water and a little time.” What was he talking about when he said this?
◦ What is a paradigm, and what were the 2 paradigms of our existence that we discussed in class?
◦ Why isn’t the Biblical account of creation compatible with a view of evolution (ie. All things developing from one common ancestry over billions of years)?
◦ Why are the genealogies (or records of ancestry and descent) in scripture so important to how we understand the age of the world?
◦ Why can’t we use what we see in the present to interpret the events in the Bible and the history of the earth?
◦ “It’s a paradigm being imposed on the data rather than the data informing the paradigm.” What does this mean, and how does it create issues for scientists to explain the world being millions of years old?
◦ What were the issues that they discovered when they used the numerous dating methods on the same rock? How does that impact whether or not we can trust those methods?
◦ “Once people get locked into that focus, anything that blocks that focus is marginalized (or disregarded).” – What does this mean and why is it important to understand when we talk to non-believers?
◦ “7 But ask the beasts, and they will teach you; the birds of the heavens, and they will tell you; 8 or the bushes of the earth, and they will teach you; and the fish of the sea will declare to you. 9 Who among all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?” Job 12:7-9 – What is the book of Job reassuring us of?
◦ Why are questions concerning the origins of existence so controversial?
◦ If something is controversial, is that normally a sign of its importance? How important are the first chapters of Genesis to our lives today?
◦ What do other writers of the Bible think about Genesis?
◦ Why is there such a strong push to say that Genesis is not history?
◦ If there were to be a widespread acceptance of the record in Genesis as truth, would that affect our reality, culture, and how people live their lives? If so, how? If not, why not?
◦ Do you believe that those life changing implications cause people to not want to accept it as truth even though there is evidence for it? Why do you think that is?
◦ General Revelation is the doctrine of how God reveals Himself in the very nature that we see. Read Romans 1:18-20 and respond to the following:
▪ What is the purpose of God revealing Himself through creation?
◦ Special Revelation is the doctrine of how God reveals Himself spiritually to different people at different times. While General Revelation doesn’t lead to salvation it can lead to Special Revelation which can lead to salvation.
▪ What, then, do you think Paul means when he says that man is without “excuse”?
◦ Can one believe the account in Genesis purely from the scientific evidence, or does it take faith as well? Why is that so?