Provide a 500 word minimum post that reflects upon what bills you would propose? If you had to pick one policy topic and draft a bill on it what would….
Describe the difference between primer formulations
Read the PDF of Interior Design Materials and Specification Chapter 1, Making material selections. Answer the summary questions
1.What is the difference between codes and standards
2. Why can’t you use the IBC for your guide on all of
What is the purpose of the Americans with Disabilities Act? What are some examples of guidelines
contained in the ADA?
4. What are the characteristics of sustainable products?
5. When making selections for a commercial interior,
what flame resistance is generally required for the
materials that you select? What might be some
examples of surfacing material that would meet
both ADA and fire safety?
6. What are VOCs?
7. Under what system are sustainability guidelines
organized and accounted for? What organization
developed these guidelines? What is the relationship of these guidelines to building codes?
8. What are characteristics of sustainable materials?
9. What chemicals are you likely to encounter as you
select materials for your clients that you should try
10. What is accounted for in a life-cycle cost analysis?
11. What are some of the ways to approach the task of
12. What does social sustainability mean?
13. Why are third-party organizations critical to objectivity? What are the benefits of objectivity in the
development of guidelines and standards?
14. When would you produce a ballpark figure for your
client? A cost comparison? At what point is it
appropriate to invest the time to develop complete
costs? Why wouldn’t you develop complete costs
during the design development phase?
15. What is the form and function of the Construction
Specifications Institute indexing system?
16. What is a master specification, and how will you
17. What functions do each of the people in the supply
Read Interior Design Materials and Specifications Chapter 3, Paints, coatings, and wallcoverings. Answer the summary questions
1. Describe the difference between primer formulations.
2. How are primers different from paints?
3. Describe the different paint formulas, highlighting
4. Rank sheen level in order from lowest to highest
using standard industry terminology.
5. How would you explain to your client why one
contractor’s bid is higher than another’s?
6. What would you inspect for when the walls are
7. What would be on your checklist to inspect for
when the walls are painted?
8. What is skim coating? What are the benefits of it?
9. How are faux finishes created?
10. What sustainability issues pertain to paint and
11. What are some alternative materials if you want
lower toxicity and more sustainability than is
12. What organizations issue guidelines pertaining to
air quality with regards to paints and coatings?
13. What are the different decorative faces used for
wallcoverings, and what are the differences in their
14. What backings are used, and what circumstances
indicate the use of which wallcovering?
15. What is the distinction between custom wallcovering and custom colorways?
16. What is the difference between vinyl and vinylcoated wallcovering?
17. What are the two rating systems that pertain to
wallcoverings, and what does each of the numbered
18. What steps are necessary to estimate the quantity
of wallcovering needed for purposes of budgeting?
19. What kind of prepwork prepares walls for wallcovering?
20. When would you use an antimicrobial system? A
biocide? Microvented vinyl?
21. When would you use a strippable wallcovering?
When would you use a peelable wallcovering?
22. What sustainability issues pertain to wallcovering?
23. What characteristics can add to your price for a
paint or wallpaper installation?
24. When you are inspecting a completed job, what
kinds of things will you look for?