1. What are the key arguments in favour and against inflation targeting and central bank independence?2. What is Quantitative Easing? What are its objectives? How successful has it been in….
Primary Source Board
This week, we focus our primary sources from the late 18th and early 19th century (1790-1840). Select any topic from this week or even next week (the early United States through the development of democracy and western expansion in the 1820s-1840s). PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED VIDEO AS IT IS WAS ONE OUR TOPICS FROM THIS WEEK, SO PLEASE DO THIS ASSIGNMENT BASED ON THAT VIDEO! Then look on the web to find a visual primary source (a painting, statue, building, printed book) from these centuries that you find interesting. Post it here and tell us something about it, and which part of the material it relates to. Give us artist/author, title, date, a live link to where you found it (the web page with information, not the image itself), plus your comment on how it could provide evidence for this era.
- General Guidelines:
· Your source must be about something tied to U.S. History from 1790-1840
· It must be a primary source and not a secondary source, so it must have been painted/made/written within at most 20-30 or maybe 50 years at most of the event it is depicting. It CANNOT be from hundreds of years after the event.
· The date you provide MUST be from when the object/painting/document is produced, not when the subject of the image takes place.
· You must provide a live (clickable) link to the site where you retrieved the image and the image must be visible on the page, if I click on the link and cannot see your image your grade will be marked down.
· The commentary cannot just describe the source, it MUST explain how the source relates to the course material, please see the Learning Unit for this week.
· It cannot be the same/very similar to any image I have used in the course, such as the sample below, images used in the powerpoint presentation or the course video clips.
· This assignment is primarily about posting visual sources, if you decide to post a written source you MUST post an image of the original document (which needs to come from the assigned era, and you also MUST provided an extended excerpt (at least one paragraph if not several) from the document.
· You may NOT upload your image to canvas and then link from it there since that can cause issues where some people cannot view the image, you need to embed the image using a link to the original site where you found it. If you are uncertain about how to do this please see the course help page.
***PLEASE SEE THE SAMPLE BELOW SO THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THE FORMAT OF THIS ASSIGNMENT. DO NOT COPY THE TOPIC OF THE SAMPLE PLEASE. THANK YOU!
Here is a sample:
Artist: John Bower
Title: A VIEW of the BOMBARDMENT of Fort McHenry
Retrieved from https://oldprintgallery.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/war-of-1812-exhibit-at-the-old-print-shop/ (Links to an external site.) or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Baltimore (Links to an external site.)
Comment: This engraving recounts part of the Battle of Baltimore during the war of 1812. Although there were not many decisive battles during the war between the British and the Americans (most of the fighting was actually between the Americans and the Native Americans who rose up in part due to British encouragement) this was one of the battles along the American coast. Our National Anthem was produced in response to this battle, which took place in 1814.