Case Study: Can smartphones ever be “sustainable”?.pdf ( Attached file.) Based on your understanding of concepts from the course readings and using the case mentioned in the above example answer….
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
It is estimated that more than 6% of the U.S. population will experience posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in their lifetime (National Center for PTSD, 2010). This debilitating disorder often interferes with an individual’s ability to function in daily life. Common symptoms of anxiousness and depression frequently lead to substance abuse issues and even physical ailments. For this Discussion, as you examine the Thompson Family Case Study in this week’s Learning Resources, consider how you might assess and treat clients presenting with PTSD.
- Assess clients presenting with posttraumatic stress disorder
- Analyze therapeutic approaches for treating clients presenting with posttraumatic stress disorder
- Evaluate outcomes for clients with posttraumatic stress disorder
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and reflect on the insights they provide.
- View the media Academic Year in Residence: Thompson Family Case Study, and assess the client in the case study.
- For guidance on assessing the client, refer to pages 137–142 of the Wheeler text in this week’s Learning Resources.
Post on or before Day 3 an explanation of your observations of the client William in Thompson Family Case Study, including behaviors that align to the PTSD criteria in DSM-5. Then, explain therapeutic approaches you might use with this client, including psychotropic medications if appropriate. Finally, explain expected outcomes for the client based on these therapeutic approaches. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.