Follow this down to the letter EXTREMELY HARSH GRADER… Both poems are below This assignment asks you to analyze and interpret a short poem and use a secondary source either….
Describe the application of labor laws due to court decisions.
This assessment addresses the following course objective(s):
- Describe the application of labor laws due to court decisions.
- Describe the impact of diversity on the workplace.
- Describe negotiating techniques and how to overcome an impasse.
- Describe the way unions organize a workplace for representation while discussing what conduct around such campaigns is construed as an unfair labor practice.
- Define individual rights under a collective bargaining agreement and present procedures to resolve grievances.
Select a topic of your choice based on the topics covered in this class.
Prepare a research paper on the selected labor and employment topic. Your research paper should:
- Provide an overview of the topic selected.
- Discuss the possible legal implications and how the employer may avoid legal issues.
- Analyze the applicable laws governing the topic.
- Discuss the rights of potential or current employees.
Below is a list of suggested research topics. You may select one of the topics or design a topic of your choosing.
- Discrimination (Age, Race, Gender, Religion, Pregnancy)
- Collective Bargaining
- Hostile Work Environment
- Sexual Harassment
- Employee Privacy
- Drug Testing
- Background Checks
- Terminating Employees
- Affirmative Action
For this assignment you may elect to work individually or as part of a team no larger than four (4) persons. If you elect to work as a team, the names of all persons working together must be listed on the title page of the research paper. Also, if you work as a team, all team members must submit the final research paper completed by the team.
After you have conducted the necessary research, you will submit a Word document. The research paper must meet the following requirements:
- APA formatting
- Times New Roman or Arial 12-point font
- 1-inch margins
- Page numbers in top right corner
- Doubled spaced
- Use headings throughout the assignment
- Should be at least 4-5 pages in length.
- Must include a minimum of four scholarly and credible sources.
In the next assignment, you will prepare a presentation of your research.
U.S. Department of Labor. (n.d.). Summary of the major laws of the Department of Labor. (Links to an external site.) Retrieved from https://www.dol.gov/general/aboutdol/majorlaws