Using the attached word documents from the implicated learning experiment create a report on the experiment. In your report, write a brief introduction explaining the differences between implicit and explicit….
Labor Inputs to the Production of Hospital Services and Substitution Capabilities
(1) Labor Inputs to the Production of Hospital Services and Substitution Capabilities
(2) Role of Hospitalists in the Provision of Inpatient Hospital Care
(3) Effect of Nurse Staffing on Quality
(1) To identify and describe the key labor inputs into the production of hospital
(2) To describe the substitution capabilities between different types of labor inputs
into the production of hospital services as well as the substitution of labor for
(3) To describe the hospitalist movement and the economic rationale behind using
hospitalists to provide care.
(4) To summarize the evidence pertaining to the relationship between staffing levels
and the quality of care provided within hospital settings.
*Meltzer, D. and J. Chung. “U.S. Trends in Hospitalization and Generalist Physician
Workforce and the Emergence of Hospitalists.” Journal of General Internal Medicine,
2010, 25(5): 453-459.
*Needleman et al. “Nurse-Staffing Levels and the Quality of Care in Hospitals, New
England Journal of Medicine, 2002, 346(22): 1715-1722.
KaiserEDU tutorial on Nursing Labor Markets. Accessed at:
Mitchell, P. “Nurse Staffing – A Summary of Current Research, Opinion, and Policy,” The
William D. Ruckelshaus Center. Accessed at: