Group Memo Assignment 2: Loanable Funds Model with Interest Elastic Savings Assignment Overview – Write a 400 word memo to Congress explaining that their proposal to increase government spending financed….
CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION WALK-THROUGH
When you arrive on the scene of a crime you must follow certain procedures to ensure the admissibility of evidence. For this assignment, you will use a case file of a real crime scene and take on the role of the crime scene investigator at the scene of the crime. You will create a presentation where you will document your process, present your findings, and provide an evaluation of the scene in a narrated PowerPoint or presentation tool of your choosing.
To help you prepare for this assignment, use the mock crime scene resource below to review the steps of evaluating a crime scene. This will help guide you as you walk us through your scene: https://www.mesaaz.gov/residents/police/divisions/forensic-services/mock-crime-scene/
Choose one of the following cases from your textbook resource:
- “He Hit Her Until She Fell . . . and That Was Just the Beginning”, Brandl, pp. 363-373.
- “A Mutilation Murder”, Brandl, p. 670.
Then, create a presentation that is five to ten (5-10) minutes in length in which you:
- Identify the tools you used to evaluate the crime scene. Provide a rationale for your choices.
- Outline the steps you took to secure the crime scene.
- Describe the techniques and procedures you used to process the crime scene, including a list of the evidence you collected. Explain the reasons for your procedures.
- Describe the steps you took to preserve the evidence and provide an explanation for your process.
- Provide photos of the crime scene.
- Create a crime scene map that illustrates the crime scene upon arrival.
- Narrate your presentation to walk the audience through the crime scene.
- Use at least two (2) quality references documented on a reference page at the end of your presentation. You are encouraged to use the Strayer University Online library (https://research.strayer.edu) to locate academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Note: Need help getting started with creating and narrating your presentation?
For your presentation, you can choose the presentation tool that you use to complete the assignment such as PowerPoint. However, if you have not narrated a presentation before, see the resources below to help you.
- Kaltura Media has a KalturaCapture Desktop Recorder available to record a presentation that is on your screen and add your audio. To see how to use this feature and upload it to the assignment submission area, review the KalturaCapture Desktop Recorder Help file.
- PowerPoint has the ability to record narration and export it as a video. View the following links below to help with both of these steps.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of the new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). Take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details. If you prefer to use APA style, discuss it with your professor.
- Include a title page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The title page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.