Follow this down to the letter EXTREMELY HARSH GRADER… Both poems are below This assignment asks you to analyze and interpret a short poem and use a secondary source either….
Communication and interpersonal effectiveness
Final Personal Leadership Portrait
Your last project assignment, Final Personal Leadership Portrait, is due at the end of this unit. You will synthesize all aspects of leadership and communication that you have examined and discussed in the course and analyze your own leadership qualities to create a portrait of the effective public service leader you aspire to be.
Since this assignment requires you to develop a self-portrait, you may write this paper in first-person voice. Note:It is very important for your academic development that you recognize that writing in the first person is not usually acceptable in academic papers. However, given the nature of this assignment, it has been deemed appropriate to make an exception here. Please remember that the third-person voice is the universal norm in academic writing. You should always exercise careful consideration before departing from this norm.
Your course project must be completed in its entirety. By now, you have received feedback from your Writing Coach and your instructor, which you should incorporate into this revised assignment.
Refer to the results of the Multifactor Leadership Questionnaire (MLQ) and the communication style self-assessment you completed in Units 1 and 2. Be sure to review and use the Writing Coach and Instructor feedback you received on your previous assignments as well:
· Unit 3: Communication and Organizational Effectiveness.
· Unit 5: Communicating and Leading for Change and Innovation.
· Unit 6: Developing Ethical and Authentic Leadership Behavior.
· Unit 7: Draft of Personal Leadership Portrait assignments.
For this assignment:
· Analyze one or more leadership styles and corresponding leadership theories based on the unit readings and your MLQ assessment results that you believe best align with personal leadership effectiveness.
I will like to focus the leadership style on an innovation leader and the transformational leader, and please use leadership theories on these types of leaders. You can just focus on the leadership style I possess which is transformational leader.
In the beginning of this course, I consider myself a democratic/participative leader, who would ideally like to become a transformational leader. This is the type of leader that is able to motivate others to become more or do more than they intended. This leader sets challenging expectations and higher performance. I believed that since this course starts I am more of a transformational leader, but also participative. The MLQ assessment shows me as a transformational leader.
Analyze one or more communication styles based on the unit readings and the results of your communication style self-assessment that you believe best align with personal communication effectiveness. There are various communication strategies for relaying information. Information can be conveyed verbally, nonverbally, or through visual aids. These strategies form the blueprints of exchanging information (Khanna, 2017). I would use grapevine strategy to get the groups input on each of the proposed plans before I deliver the information in a group meeting. This way when I finally decide to provide the information it will be shared knowledge.
Khanna, S. (2017). Effective Communication Skills-A Road Map for Success.
· Analyze your leadership strengths and growth opportunities.
· Analyze your communication strengths and growth opportunities.
Based on the personal leadership portrait you have presented in this paper, explain how you will achieve the following outcomes as a leader within your field or area of specialization. In other words, what strategies will you use to ensure you are optimally effective in each of these areas? Implementing change
Using Kotter’s Model of Change (Van Wart, 2013),
Communication and interpersonal effectiveness.
· How would your followers or others in the organization describe your leadership ethics?
· My team, peers, leaders and others in my organization will describe me as ambitious, responsible, respectful, dedicated, trustworthy, fun, loyal leader with empathy and compassion. As a leader, I try to be the one that the team will want to follow, and make everyone feel important where they are not afraid to participate and voice their ideas. They will also describe me as firm but fair, and I care and act with compassion. My biggest goal as a leader is to provide opportunities for my team to grow both professional and personal.
1. Effective diversity management.
The most effective strategies in my opinion is to instill ethics and integrity, will be a codes of conduct, which is the key elements to ensure sound corporate governance and management control. Codes of conduct help to reassure investors and stakeholders, of a socially responsible investment, integrity, and a commitment to ethics. Employees, according to Gould (2013) prefer to work for organizations committed to values and ethics, and consumers tend to prefer to buy from organizations with strong records of adherence to standards of conduct and socially sensitive behavior. (Please include your look on effective diversity management to this paper, I have included my reference).
Gould, S. (November 05, 2013). Ethical leadership and developing a code of conduct for organizations. Retrieved on February 12, 2018 from https://www.ifac.org/global-knowledge-gateway/ethics/discussion/ethical-leadership-and-developing-code-conduct
1. Effective change management
1. Overall team effectiveness.
The assignment you submit is expected to meet the following requirements:
. Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
. APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (current edition) style and formatting standards.
. Cited resources: Include a minimum of five scholarly sources outside of our course text. All literature cited should be current, with publication dates within the past five years.
. Length of paper: 4–6 pages, double spaced, excluding cover page and cited references.
. Due date: Assignment must be submitted to your instructor in the course room no later than 11:59 p.m. on Sunday of this week.
· Results summary (These are my results on the Big Five Factor Markers showing I am more of an Extrovert).
· Your results from the IPIP Big Five Factor Markers are in the table below. The table contains a raw score and also a percentile, what percent of other people who have taken this test that you score higher than.