Group Memo Assignment 2: Loanable Funds Model with Interest Elastic Savings Assignment Overview – Write a 400 word memo to Congress explaining that their proposal to increase government spending financed….
Describes the three ways, violence, propaganda, and scapegoating, that leaders use to keep control in the country.
Aristotle defined tyranny as an illegitimate form of government by one individual that tightly controlled every part of life and government. Adolf Hitler is the most notorious tyrant. Using a totalitarian society from the past or present, discuss how the state and its leader attempt to impede citizens from exercising their rights. In your discussion, explain some components of an “ideal citizen,” consequences of voter apathy, and ways the state controls the citizen.
In the essay:
- -Uses a historical or contemporary example of a totalitarian country as a case study.
- – Describes the three ways, violence, propaganda, and scapegoating, that leaders use to keep control in the country.
- – States and describes two ways of stopping a totalitarian regime by using political socialization, civil disobedience, resist propaganda. Discusses voter apathy.
- -Uses both the book and, at least, one outside scholarly source.
- This the cited textbook: Magstadt, T. M. (Ed.). (2017). Understanding politics: Ideas and institutions (12th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
Attached are summary of chapters from the textbook.