Brief: Write an academic report critically discussing “Why do projects succeed or fail? Key factors in project management”. You need to support your discussion with suitable academic information sources and….
Should there be a minimum age requirement for using Fitbits?
For this assignment you will practice persuasive writing for a general audience by writing a newspaper editorial/ opinion piece.
-Please make an interesting headline!!
-Relate to gender and race!!
Choose an opinion/side for one of these questions, and argue it:
1. Should there be a minimum age requirement for using Fitbits?
2. Are women-designed dating apps (like Bumble) safer for women users, compared to apps like Tinder?
3. Do companies have an ethical responsibility to limit the sale of surveillance products to policing institutions?
4. How does big data influence policies at post-secondary institutions?
5. Are reproductive technologies a tool of eugenics movements? Should there be limitations or rules regarding the use of such technologies?
-Provide hyperlinks or name your source within the text
-You will want to provide a source for any supporting evidence or a claim that you can predict a reader would challenge you on
Ex.: “Research shows that fat women are more likely to have cancer because they are too afraid to go to routine exams conducted by OB/GYNs due to the poor treatment they receive.”
Ex. “While the BMI modifier is not paid for directly by the fat patient (although fat patients have paid the price in other ways, including facing unjust wait times or being denied care outright to the point where they die due to a lack of care), applying a surcharge to fat bodies for routine medical procedures is similarly degrading compared to other ‘fat taxes.’”
Eye-catching and provocative
It’s hard to demand the attention of an online audience
Make them want to know more
State your argument/thesis very clearly
Provide evidence for each of your supporting points
In lieu of citations, provide a hyperlink or give the name of the person/study/source
You may want to anticipate what an opposing viewpoint would be
Identify this potential argument, and then refute it
Usually includes a call to action
You’ve shown why people should care. So, tell them what they can do about it!