Population Health Advocacy
Human trafficking, extreme poverty, preventable diseases, the opioid crisis and the lack of adequate low-income housing are a few current societal concerns worthy of social change. Nurses and healthcare leaders are in a good position to shape and influence health care policy.
Think of a cause you believe in strongly. Access the website of your elected officials either at the local, state, or federal level using the following link: https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials/ or use the website of your choice. State is Dallas, Texas. Explore some of the issues and committees your legislators are involved in and select at least one that interest you or align with your beliefs. You may also contact your legislator’s office and speak to his or her legislative assistant by calling the U.S. Capitol switchboard operator at (202) 224-3121 for the Senate and (202) 225-3121 for the House. Legislator assistants are very knowledgeable about the legislator’s agenda and can provide a wealth of information.
This assignment will be at least 1500 words or more. This week reflect on advocacy, collaborative partnerships with other health care practitioners and stakeholders, and the policy making process and write a paper that addresses the following:
- Describe the policy issue, policy problem of interest or a particular bill that your legislator has introduced
- Elaborate on why the policy matters and what you can possibly do to strengthen the policy?
- Briefly define the role you would play as an advocate for the healthcare consumer and healthcare professionals.
- Explain how the policy impacts the public at large or a particular population.
- What stakeholders would you collaborate with to promote the cause?
Length: 1500-2000 words in length
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimal word amount for this assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two (2) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.
Assignment [Group] – Requirements
Complete the following requirements for your approved ASX listed company, and support your answers with the annual reports and other relevant evidence from reputable sources or websites*:
- Evaluate different accounting theories and discuss their implications in policy choice by managers in your approved company/industry. (10 marks)
- Based on the Australian Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting, evaluate the accounting policies adopted by your approved company and discuss the alternatives in policy choice. (10 marks)
- Discuss the required elements that make up the financial statements, and analyze how these elements are compiled by your approved company? (5 marks)
- According to the Australian Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting Par. 6.1, “elements recognized in financial statements are quantified in monetary terms. This requires the selection of a measurement basis”. In other words, measurement is the process of determining the monetary amounts at which the elements of the financial statements are to be recognized and carried in the balance sheet and income statement. This involves the selection of the particular basis of measurements such as Historical cost, Fair value, Current cost, Value in use and fulfilment value. Identify and evaluate which measurement methods have been used by your approved company on current and non-current assets, and discuss the possible implications of selection the alternative measurement basis on financial reports. (10 marks)
- Select any four items from the items listed under assets in the statement of financial position of the company and evaluate whether this treatment is in compliance with the Australian Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting. (8 marks)
- Select any four items from the items listed under liabilities in the statement of financial position of the company and evaluate whether this treatment is in compliance with the Australian Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting. (8 marks)
- Review the provisions and other notes disclosed in the financial reports and select any two items to evaluate whether the treatments are in compliance with the Australian Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting. (4 marks)
- Critically evaluate the advantages and limitations of the Australian Conceptual Framework. Based on your research of this assignment, also provides some recommendations for the future development of the Australian Conceptual Framework. Your response must make reference to at least four academic journal articles. (15 marks)
Assignment– Format; Business Report
- a Reference list containing all cited works (at least 8 recognized journal articles should be cited).
- When the price of CD increased from $10 to $11, the quantity of CDs demanded decreased from 100 to 87. Using the mid-point formula:
- What is the price elasticity of demand for CDs?
- Is demand elastic or inelastic?
- When the price of paper increases from $100 to $104 per ton, the quantity supplied increased from 200 to 220 tons per day. Using the mid-point formula:
- What is the price elasticity of supply for paper?
- Is the supply elastic of inelastic?
- If firm wants to increase its total revenue, should it raise or lower its prices? Explain your answer.
Chapter 6 – GDP and Economic Growth
- Do increases in gross domestic product necessarily means into improvement in the standard of living of the citizens? Explain your answer.
- Someone said. “Trade deficits are good because we are buying more goods than we are producing.” What is the downside of trade deficits?
- What factors determine technological progress?
Chapter 7 – Unemployment and Inflation
- What is unemployment? Why can’t it be driven down to zero?
- Supposed the government hires workers who are currently unemployed but does not give them any work to do.
- What will happen to the measured unemployment rate?
- Is this an accurate reflection of the underlying economic situation?
- Critically evaluate the following statement: “Hong Kong is an expensive place to live. They must have a high inflation rate in Japan.”
Chapter 12 – Money and Banking
- Why do all societies have some form of money?
- If people never withdrew cash from banks,
- How much money could the banking system potentially create?
- Could this really happen?
- What might limit deposit creation in this case?
Chapter 13 – Monetary Policies
- Refrigerators and clothing are, to some extent durable. Explain why the decision to buy a refrigerator is likely to be more sensitive to interest rates than the decision to buy clothing.
Chapter 15 – Globalization and Trade
- Why do both rich and poor countries benefit from trade?
- If the dollar increases in values against the Japanese Yen, how will this affect the balance of trade between the United States and Japan?
- Consider two financial planners, Phil and Frances.
- In an hour, Phil can either produce one financial statement or answer 10 phone calls
- In an hour, Frances can either produce three financial statement or answer 12 phone calls?
- Who has the absolute advantage?
- Who has the comparative advantage?